Dear SPS Families:
I hope everyone has had a great summer. As we prepare for the opening of school on Friday, September 2, 2022, I wanted to welcome everyone back to school and send a few reminders and announcements. Our athletes are hard at work practicing for the fall season and the marching band just finished an intense band camp. We are ready to begin the new school year.
- Those who have opted in for transportation should have already received postcards with pick up times and bus stop locations. Please be patient on the first day as drivers learn routes and families take the very important “first day of school” picture. If you have any questions about transportation please contact Leanne Kerman at 781-344-4000 ext. 70197.
Back to School
- Friday, September 2, 2022, First Day of School grades 1-12.
- Elementary - 8:30 a.m. - 2:45 p.m. School buildings open at 8:00 a.m.
- OMS and SHS - 7:35 a.m. - 2:12 p.m. School buildings open at 7:00 a.m.
- Monday, September 5, 2022, Labor Day, No School.
- Tuesday, September 6, 2022, First Day of School Kindergarten and Preschool.
School Meals Free for 2022-2023
- Free school breakfast and lunch has been extended for the 2022-2023 school year. Breakfast is available as early as 7:00 a.m. at OMS and SHS and 8:00 a.m. at the Elementary Schools. I encourage everyone to take advantage of these meals.
Safe Routes to School Project Delay
- The project which began at Pratts Court has been moving steadily down Central Street and is currently in front of the Wilkins Elementary School. The project is experiencing some delays and will not have gone by the Wilkins by the opening of school. Please be patient as you drive by and follow the directions of the Stoughton Police.
- Students in grades 3 - 12, please be sure to charge all chromebooks and bring them in for the first day of school. Teachers will be reviewing expectations for classwork and assignments and the chromebooks are an important part of that discussion. If your chromebook is broken, please fill out this form to alert our Technology Department and they will be happy to assist. Stoughton Chromebook Repair Form
Drop Off and Pick Up
- Please allow a little extra time for drop off and pick up on the first days of school. Drop off and pick up routines at every level have been designed with student safety as the most important component. We appreciate your patience as everyone settles back into the daily routine. For everyone’s safety and security, please follow the directions of school personnel in the morning and afternoon.
I look forward to seeing everyone’s bright smiles on opening day. All of the floors are bright and shining; schools are clean; and schedules and teacher assignments are out. Now all I have to do is figure out what to wear as my opening day outfit…
Enjoy the last few days of summer!
Dr. Thomas R. Raab
Superintendent of Schools