Dear SPS Families and Staff:
Earlier today, the Commissioner of Education let us know that he will not renew the state mask requirement in schools after it expires on February 28, 2022. Therefore, effective Monday, February 28, 2022, the Stoughton Public School District will no longer require masks to be worn in schools and will follow the Department of Elementary and Secondary Education guidance released today. The guidance lets us know three important conditions that continue to apply on and after February 28, 2022:
- Masks are still required on school buses per federal order.
- Students and staff who test positive for COVID-19 may return to school after 5 days and once they have:
- Been without fever for 24 hours (and without taking fever-reducing medications)
- Experienced improvement in other symptoms and
- Following the 5-day isolation period, students and staff must continue to mask for 5 additional days when around others including during the school day.
- All students and staff have the option to wear a mask if they choose for any reason and we will support them in that choice.
Thank you for taking the time to read this important message. If you have any questions please do not hesitate to reach out to your school nurse.
Dr. Thomas Raab
Superintendent of Schools